TRIS has an open admissions policy which means that students may enroll at
any time during the school year. Students transferring from foreign
countries or other international schools are permitted to enroll throughout
the year if they have proper documents from their previous international
- Application Form
- Birth Certificate
- Recent Medical Certificate (with allergy report if any)
- Copy of most recent School Report
- Copies of Parents’ Passports
- Copy of Student’s Passport
Policy of Non-Discrimination
TRIS admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic
origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities of the
It is recommended that:
- Students entering Kindergarten be three years old by August 1.
- Students entering Grade 12 be seventeen years old by August 1.
- The decision regarding placement of a child will depend on a variety of
factors; including, but not limited to, English proficiency, social
maturity, length of attention span, scholastic aptitude, and an evident
desire to learn. The most important consideration must always be the
success of the child, not only in the immediate moment, but also as he/she
progresses to higher levels of education.
- Applicants of age six and above are required to take a placement test in
order to accurately determine the best level of instruction for them. TRIS
uses the Iowa Test of Basic Skills, or ITBS, as an initial placement test
to determine the applicant’s proficiency in the English language in the
following areas: general language skills, reading comprehension and oral
reading, and mathematics. The results of this test then allow us to place a
student in either mainstream or ESL classes. Further assessment regarding
placement then continues throughout the academic year.