TRIS has an open admissions policy which means that students may enroll at any time during the school year. Students transferring from foreign countries or other international schools are permitted to enroll through out the year if they have proper documents from their previous international school.
Policy of Non-Discrimination
TRIS admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities of the school.
It is recommended that:
- Students entering Pre-kindergarten be two years old by August 1
- Students entering Grade 12 be seventeen years old by August 1
- The decision regarding the placement of a child will depend on a variety of factors, including but not limited to English proficiency, social maturity, length of attention span, scholastic aptitude and desire to learn. The most important consideration must always be the success of the child, not only in the lower grades, but also as he/she progresses to higher levels of education.
- Application whose age is six or more is required to take a placement test. TRIS uses the Iowa Test of Basic Skills or ITBS as a placement tests to determine the applicant’s proficiency in the English language in the following areas: general language skills, reading comprehension and oral reading, and mathematics. Applicant with low ITBS result is required to enroll in the ESL program.
- For all applicants, TRIS requires applicants to sit for an interview with the Headmaster. Parents are requested to participate in the interview should the child is less than 6 years old.